US FARMGAP : Food Safety Certification
Farm and food safety have never been more critical. Pathogenic organisms put consumers, growers, buyers, distributors, retailers and entire industry segments at risk.US FARMGAP certification provides growers with the tools to both strengthen their commitment to food safety and to demonstrate that commitment to buyers through certification.
What FARMGAP addresses:
- Irrigation Water and Microbial Testing
- Municipal Biosolids
- Good Agricultural Practices for Manure management
- Wildlife encroachment
- Worker Training on Hygiene and Food Safety
- Toilet Facilities and Hand washing Stations
- Worker Health and Hygiene
- Traceability and Recall
- Standards Applicable to Harvesting Operations
- Standards Applicable to Packing Operations
- COMPLIANCE WITH THE FOOD SAFETY MODERNIZATION ACT
SIMPLE STEPS TO CERTIFICATION:
1. Request Application Packet and Copy of Standards (Scroll down page to download.)
2.Complete Application and Submit (along with requested documents, fees, and copy of compliance manual.)
3. Americert Conducts Onsite Inspection to Evaluate Compliance.
4. Implement Corrective Actions (If Necessary).
5. Certification Granted if Operation is Compliant with Standards.
RESOURCES AND APPLICATION MATERIALS:
Download Model Compliance Manual for Growers
Download Model Compliance Manual for Packers